Why Follow Jesus Christ? We want all people to have a heart desire to follow Jesus Christ. This starts with finding God’s love and forgiveness. When a person by faith believes the gospel, their life is never the same and they are set on a path of purpose and direction for the rest of their life.
What is the gospel? It is the death, burial and resurrection of Jesus Christ. 1 Cor. 15:1-4
It is because of the gospel a person can have a personal relationship with God through Jesus Christ.
How can I have a personal relationship with God through Jesus Christ?
Realize God Loves You
- John 3:16 “For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.”
Realize Everyone Is A Sinner
- Romans 3:23 “For all have sinned, and come short of the glory of God.”
Realize Sin Has A Price That Must Be Paid
- Romans 6:23 “For the wages of sin is death; but the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord.”
Realize Jesus Christ Died and Rose Again to Pay for Your Sin
- Romans 5:8 “But God commendeth his love toward us, in that, while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us.”
Confess and repent of your sins
- We must acknowledge our sin before God who “….commandeth all men every where to repent (Acts 17:30) Repentance Demonstrates our change of mind into agreement with God that man is a sinner and that Jesus resus releases us from the debt we cannot pay.
- Romans 10:9 “That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved.”
Pray and Ask Jesus Christ to Be Your Savior
- Romans 10:13 “For whosoever shall call upon the name of the LORD shall be saved.”
- John 1:12 “But as many as received him, to them gave he power to become the sons of God, even to them that believe on his name.
The following is a suggested prayer: “Dear God, I know that I am a sinner. Thank you for dying on the cross for my sins. I ask you, Lord Jesus, to come into my heart and make me a new creature. I thank you for the forgiveness of my sins and the free gift of salvation and eternal life. I commit my heart and life to you forever. Help me become the kind of person you want me to be. In Your name I pray, Amen.”
Does this prayer express the desire of your heart? Right now you can pray this prayer and Jesus Christ will come into your life as He has promised.
The Bible says in II Corinthians 6:2, “…behold, now is the accepted time; behold, now is the day of salvation.”
If you just prayed that prayer, congratulations! You have just made the most important decision anyone can make. Do not doubt God’s saving power. Begin reading your Bible and praying daily. Seek a Bible believing church and be baptized as a public testimony of your salvation. Begin sharing your decision to trust the Lord Jesus with others today.